Ready For The Challenge
How does tax legislation affect your business?
Constantly changing tax legislation makes navigating the tax system difficult at best and the tax implications on transactional matters can have a critical impact on your business. Tax laws represent a significant challenge for businesses and individuals, especially when working cross-border and we understand the strategic importance of providing clear, concise and timely advice.
Our tax team is knowledgeable and commercially focused. Clients come to us from a range of industries, including domestic and international corporate entities, banks, private equity funds, institutional investors, family businesses, associations and authorities. We offer advice on corporate tax, VAT, customs and excise duties and representation in tax disputes. Our team has experienced tax litigators that represent clients in demanding tax litigations. Our interdisciplinary approach means that we take the tax implications into consideration in M&A transactions and offer advice regarding financial instruments, incentive schemes and other types of investments. We regularly cooperate with international law firms to provide tax advice to the top global companies.
Our capabilities include:
- M&A – guiding clients on the tax issues related to mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, and joint ventures;
- Banking & Finance – providing advice on tax issues related to financial transactions, structured products, workouts and financings;
- Dispute Resolution – representing clients before the Serbian tax authority;
- Real Estate – tax planning on real estate transactions and investments.
One size doesn’t fit all
We tailor our advice to the needs of each particular client. We work hard to provide practical solutions to support our clients’ complex tax objectives and follow the constantly changing tax legislation to make sure that our clients are not caught unaware of impending changes.
- Advising the global law firm Baker McKenzie on Serbian tax legislation;
- Advising Airbnb on all tax aspects of their business in Serbia;
- Advising the multinational law firm Shearman & Sterling regarding the tax treatment of stock options and stock awards in Serbia and related legal regulations;
- Advising Cisco Systems Inc. on structuring its business in Serbia, taking into consideration corporate, labour and tax point issues.