Ready For The Challenge
Effectively Minimise Losses
Having the right legal team at your side can really impact your bottom line during times of financial crisis. Our legal specialists render all types of legal services to public and private companies on insolvency, reorganisation and restructuring matters. We have extensive experience in domestic restructuring and insolvency matters and our comprehensive advice helps clients navigate through complex situations and financial distress.
We represent domestic and foreign debtors, creditors and investors across a wide range of industries, including retail, real estate, healthcare, manufacturing and construction. Our expertise includes advising on a variety of issues regarding corporate restructuring, workouts, bankruptcy administration, liquidation, enforcement of pledges, insolvency issues and proceedings, as well as the dissolution of companies.
Strong Partner for Restructuring and Insolvency Work
Our team specialises in representing financial institutions and other debt holders on all aspects of financially distressed situations, and our unrivalled experience ensures that proceedings are efficient and the creditors receive the best possible outcomes. Our lawyers are adept at handling the most demanding situations, which require complex legal consideration and represent significant financial risk for the involved parties. We have dealt with some of the largest and most high-profile bankruptcy, pre-packaged, and out-of-court restructuring cases in Serbia and Montenegro that involved many affected parties and complex legal issues. Our team also has substantial experience in handling particularly sensitive enforcements of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in Serbia. A proven track record advising on many landmark cases are a testament to our expertise and the foundation of our outstanding reputation.
Our restructuring and insolvency team works closely with colleagues from the banking and finance, corporate, dispute resolution and tax practices to provide a full-service offering to our clients.
- IFC – advising this leading international financial institution on major restructuring and bankruptcyy proceedings in Serbia for the purpose of recovering:
- over EUR 90 million from Concern Farmakom MB and seven of its wholly owned subsidiaries.
- over EUR 50 million from Victoria Group (major agricultural concern in Serbia consisting of 7 companies)
- Mercator – advising the leading retailer on debt restructuring for its Serbian and Montenegrin subsidiaries within a wider group debt restructuring. This was also one of the largest restructurings in the region to date.
- Active involvement on the creditors side in some of the largest bankruptcy proceedings in Serbia, including: Jugobanka, Sartid, Interkomerc and Beohemija