Legal Assistance in Montenegro
Ever since the times of federation of Serbia and Montenegro (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, which came into existence in 1992), Prica & Partners regularly provides a wide range of corporate and commercial legal and consultancy services to domestic and international companies that are conducting business in Montenegro.
Despite being the smallest country of the Balkans, Montenegro is an extremely interesting destination to potential investors. We assist clients interested in investing in Montenegro as well as those who have already established presence there.
Our particular areas of expertise are M&A, corporate law, antitrust, as well as general matters of commercial law. We also advise on regulatory, labour & employment, compliance and real estate projects.
We have highly skilled teams of professionals who are familiar with Montenegrin laws and practice. They all speak the local language and provide complete assistance to multinational and local companies in their understanding of business practices in Montenegro. From the market-entry strategy to contracts drafting and guidance on local regulatory framework we assist at all stages of clients’ business activities.
Furthermore, there is a bilateral treaty which allows us to practice law in Montenegro and represent our clients before all the state authorities.
Although global pandemic of COVID-19 delayed our official opening of Montenegro offices, we are keen on continuing our practice there led by a partner Darija Ognjenović from the Belgrade office, until the moment of establishing of local offices comes.
- Representing Sava Insurance Group and Triglav Group (largest Slovenian insurance companies) in a complex acquisition of health care services providers from Slovenia, through a joint venture company;
- Advising Mercator (Slovenian multinational retail corporation that is operating in the Central and Southeast Europe) on restructuring of its debt towards VTB Bank;
- Assisting International Finance Corporation (IFC) in connection with EUR 25 million investment in the Municipality of Podgorica (Podgorica Roads project – refinancing the Ribnica Bridge and providing capex financing including the Western Bypass);
- Representing OTP Bank before the competition authorities regarding merger clearance of their acquisition of 100% stake in another Hungarian company;
- Advising OTP Bank Hungary on a number of complex loan restructurings;
- Assisting Inter RAO UES from Russia in tender sale of a part of shares and capital increase of “Elektroprivreda Crne Gore A.D. Nikšić” (Public Electricity Company of Montenegro);
- Assisting the buyer, a Greek company Sidenor S.A. on potential acquisition of a steel mill “Željezara Nikšić A.D.” in the privatization procedure by the tender sale, including preparation of legal due diligence report, preparation of the offer and participation in negotiations;
Assisting a Slovenian company AutoBinck N.V. in connection with acquisition of 51% share in, inter alia, Hyundai Montenegro;
- Assistance to Automattic, Inc. an U.S. private company with employees and contractors in various countries worldwide on offering participation in its stock purchase plan to company’s contractors in Montenegro.