Ready For The Challenge
Competitive business incentives for manufacturers
Over the last several years, Serbia has become a popular destination for multinational companies to set up their manufacturing operations, which has become a key industry in the Serbian economy. From Swarovski and Nestle to Fiat, numerous companies have taken advantage of the competitive business climate and strategic location of the country. Serbia is also the only country in the region to offer free trade agreements with the EU, Russia, Belarus and Turkey allowing cross-border duty free trade adding to its attractiveness as an investment and manufacturing destination. Significant government support in addition to the strategic logistic position of the country and its cost-effective workforce and utilities has been a catalyst for the influx of factories from major global brands.
We offer a full spectrum of services
We assist manufacturers across numerous industries; from consumer to industrial products, our team supports all of their legal needs. We advise on commercial transactions, Greenfield and Brownfield investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, foreign direct investment, government incentives, real estate and environmental compliance matters, as well as on daily issues such as employment and labour contracts, customs and export controls, commercial contracts, licensing, product marketing and advertising, public procurement, product safety, recalls and warranties. We also offer strategic support on intellectual property issues, tax matters, antitrust, outsourcing and subcontracting, litigation and international investment disputes.
Offering pioneering legal advice
Our team has advised on many market firsts and has strong connections with regulatory agencies and government authorities that help clients navigate regulatory idiosyncrasies and achieve their business objectives.
- Advising Trelleborg Wheel System, leader in tire manufacturing, on day-to-day legal matters, including all corporate matters, employment related matter, construction of new production facility;
- Advising Gucci, member of the Kering group, on the purchase of real estate and movable assets from a Serbian company in the enforcement proceedings;
- Advising Terca, a subsidiary of Wienerberger, one of the largest producers of bricks, on the sale of a factory complex located in the south of Serbia;
- Advising Grundfos, one of the largest pump manufactures in the world, on legal requirements for their Serbian factory;
- Advising IKEA, a leading manufacturer of household items, on the acquisition of land in Serbia.