Rapidly Expanding Hotel Market
The growth in tourism in Serbia has spurred an inflow of market entrants and new investors in the hospitality and leisure market. With the recent concession agreement to develop the Nikola Tesla Airport in the Serbian capital of Belgrade, this industry trend will inevitably continue. With such developments, leading industry players need to have insightful, business-minded legal counsel that is up-to-date on the changing market trends.
Collaborative Approach to Legal Advice
Our team takes a collaborative approach when advising investors, hotel operators, lenders, investment funds and government bodies on hospitality, gaming, sports and leisure-related transactions. We work on development projects, mergers and acquisitions, financings, syndicated lending facilities, property acquisitions and disposals, restructuring and workouts. We also offer integrated tax planning advice in cooperation with our tax team. Our experts maintain excellent working relationships with the relevant regulatory bodies.
Guiding you through Complex Transactions
We work for an assorted mix of property owners and investors, developers, lenders and hotel operators. From site acquisitions, construction of new structures, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, health and safety matters, licensing, intellectual property issues, litigations to tax and finance counselling, our interdisciplinary legal experts take you through the life cycle of your investment. We are well-versed in drafting construction contracts and their underlying documents, including FIDIC contracts. We have in-depth experience advising clients in the process of the conversion of the right of use of land into ownership – a precondition for any type of construction.
Specialised Industry Knowledge
Our lawyers provide bespoke, innovative legal advice across a wide range of supplementary areas such as IP, tax, banking and finance, restructuring and insolvency, dispute resolution, mergers and acquisitions, corporate, commercial and real estate. We offer experience-based guidance in virtually every aspect of the hospitality industry.
- IN hotel – providing general corporate governance advice and advising on prospective structural changes;
- Hyatt – providing general corporate governance advice and advising on prospective structural changes;
- Domino Pizza – advising on all legal matters from the establishment until full operation, providing general day-to-day legal assistance;
- Holiday Inn Express Belgrade – advising on all legal matters from the green field, until full operation of the hotel, providing general day-to-day legal assistance;
- Private owner – lease of luxury property for adaptation into newly established four-star hotel in city centre.