Managing Complex, Strategic Employment Issues
Workforce issues are some of the most complex and important matters facing any organisation as they can impact productivity and undermine workplace culture. Our employment team is well-known for providing practical advice and top-notch service. We advise on employment issues arising from acquisitions, the establishment or termination of employment, restructuring programmes, compensation policies, benefits packages, disputes, and the employment of foreign nationals. With many clients, we have an ongoing relationship and regularly assist with their daily employment issues.
Responsive Lawyers – Out-of-the-box Solutions
We have extensive experience in tackling our clients’ complicated employment challenges. As a result, key executives and HR professionals rely on us to help them resolve workforce issues quickly, efficiently and sensitively. To help our clients stay on top of changing legislation and to ensure compliant behaviour in their employees, we regularly work with clients to provide in-house training and seminars on labour law-related matters.
Translating Commercial Issues into Legal Framework
Drawing from in-depth knowledge of domestic employment regulations, we help our clients manage their most sensitive matters, including drafting and negotiating employment agreements, drafting employment policies and procedures such as incentive programmes and workplace harassment policies, managing employee redundancy schemes and reorganisations. We advise and negotiate collective agreements and manage labour union relations. Our team seamlessly manages high stakes employment disputes and is committed to meeting our clients’ highest standards.
In doing business internationally, many clients appoint foreign nationals to key positions within their Serbian subsidiaries and our employment and immigration experts have the experience and expertise to ease their transition by assisting with domestic work permits, residency permits and tax support.
- Cisco – assistance with conducting HR compliance and day-to-day employment issues;
- NCR Corporation – providing legal assistance on issues related to termination of employment, transfer to other workplaces, enforcement proceedings in the case of mobbing by the employer (all steps up to engagement of an external mediator);
- Japan Tobacco Inc. – advising on the introduction of a global employee share purchase plan and on the legal implications if the client’s local employees invest a portion of their salary in JT-shares;
- CJR Renewables – providing assistance to a Portuguese client engaged in civil construction works and installation of a wind farm with all legal requirements for employing around 30 workers from abroad;
- Amazon – providing legal service in relation to legal, tax and regulatory considerations of client offering restricted stock units (“RSUs”) to it employees in Serbia;
- Representing WizzAir, Trelleborg, Gucci, ProCredit Bank in several court proceedings arising from labour disputes related to the termination of employment, redundancy, claims based on unlawful treatment, compensation claims, mobbing cases, whistleblowing, etc.