A Reputation for Excellence
Our dispute resolution practice has a strong reputation for the effective resolution of corporate disputes. Our team has deep experience and extensive expertise in international and domestic arbitration, corporate litigation and cross-border disputes.
It is always preferable to resolve disputes out-of-court, however when court is unavoidable, our team of litigation, arbitration and sector specialists provides unrivalled guidance on all types of commercial disputes. We always strive to give our clients solution-oriented advice that will produce the most favourable outcome for their business.
Our legal specialists particularly focus on international arbitration. We handle ICC, UNCITRAL and LCIA arbitrations and have successfully represented clients before some of the main international and domestic arbitration institutions and ad hoc tribunals. We represent leading corporates, states and public enterprises in some of the most complex and high-profile disputes in our market. Our team has a proven track-record and unrivalled, long-standing experience.
We have a team of experienced litigators that is equipped to handle the most complex and paper-heavy disputes. We represent domestic and international companies and authorities across various industry sectors, including finance, real estate, technology, energy, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing. We take a commercial approach to the resolution of disputes and work swiftly to familiarise ourselves with complex facts and the economic and technical nature of our clients’ business. We manage the entire dispute process, from risk management and assessment to the legal position of our client, the claim, correspondence and negotiations to enforcement. We also have substantial experience handling extremely sensitive enforcements of foreign judgements and arbitral awards in Serbia.
Our skilled team of litigators work with ancillary practices to offer multi-disciplinary support on labour disputes, competition litigation, distressed transactions, IP-related disputes and tax disputes. With specialists in all areas of law, we are able to provide outstanding commercial legal service. Our firm is a member of NEWTON ARBITRATION, an international arbitration think tank and professional resource for arbitration professionals. We also maintain strategic of counsel relationships with the top criminal lawyers in Serbia to support our clients’ needs in corporate crime and white-collar matters.
- Pfizer and AstraZeneca – representation in several proceedings before the relevant Serbian Courts;
- Cofis – representation before the ICC in arbitration proceedings related to the construction of a hotel in Belgrade and a breach of contract;
- Trafigura – representing the Dutch company before the LCIA in a dispute with Zorka Holding Serbia;
- Chrysler – representation in litigation proceedings before the relevant Serbian Court;
- Mytilineos SA, Greeece, vs. Republic of Serbia – representing Mytilineos SA in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings on the basis of a Bilateral Treaty on the Protection of Investments;
- Shell Belgrade – representation before the Permanent Arbitration Court of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce as the Defendant.
- Aerovista FZE – representing Aerovista FZE as the Plaintiff in an arbitration case concerning aviation law before the Foreign Trade Arbitration Court of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce.