Ready For The Challenge
Experienced Banking and Finance Advice
Our banking and finance practice is recognised as exceptional and our clients can expect to receive legal advice that is thorough, efficient and commercially sound. We actively advise banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, real estate investment firms, private equity funds, corporates, state-owned enterprises, asset managers and debt collectors on the full spectrum of banking and finance services.
Our expertise is based on broad experience in both domestic and international transactions involving general lending, acquisition finance, asset finance, structured finance, equity investments, NPL portfolio acquisitions and project financing, as well as the assessment of loan and debt structures, drafting loan documentation, the establishment of collaterals, and the negotiation and review of loan agreements. We assist clients with all aspects of the deal structuring, which ensures that our clients are compliant with all applicable domestic regulation.
360-Degree Banking and Finance Legal Support
Our areas of expertise span across niche areas such as financial services regulation, company law and bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring. Our experience includes advising clients on various issues involving the restructuring of company assets and liabilities, as well as representing financial and commercial creditors in complex restructuring cases involving both domestic and foreign creditors. Our team has dealt with some of the largest and most high-profile bankruptcy, pre-packaged and out-of-court restructuring cases that have taken place in our market.
By taking a multi-disciplinary approach, our finance team is able to draw on the expertise of other practice and sector specialisms to offer relevant, commercially sound advice across specific industries such as retail, real estate, healthcare, manufacturing and construction.
Our banking and finance experts are consistently top-ranked by the leading industry directories.
- IFC – advice in connection with a EUR 50 million loan granted to the subsidiaries of Victoria Group.
- IFC – advice in connection with a USD 140 million loan granted to Farmakom concern, including the syndicated (parallel) loans granted by the local banks (Banca Intesa, Komercijalna banka and Cacanska banka)
- Banca Intesa – advice in relation to the implementation of Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) rules.
- American Express – advise on national interchange and merchant pricing regulations.
- Jones Lang LaSalle – advice in relation to the Serbian aspects of the roll-out of their European anti money laundering programme.